Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekly Reading Entry-Snail Mail No More


Everybody has a problem with something; people they can't understand, things that happen to them, etc,. Elizabeth has family problems- recently, her father became addicted to alcohol, an alcoholic. He is ruining everything for Elizabeth, her little sister and her mother. Luckily, Elizabeth has a friend who she writes to a lot, now e-mails, though.
I also have a few friends who live somewhere else in the world. We send letters to each other and have fun. But we aren't really as close as Elizabeth and her friend Tara are. They talk to each other ALL the time. They also see each other a lot. I've never met my friends, they live in South Korea and Japan. Even though it's a bit strange talking to someone you don't know from meeting them, it's fun to have a connection when you HAVEN'T met them, too, because lots of things are different and you get to learn about their culture and how they live.
I also feel bad for Elizabeth and her family. It must be really hard to have your father become an alcoholic all off a sudden, then pass away from getting into a car crash. I hope (and I don't doubt) that will not happen to any of my parents anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment