Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cruelty

What do you think about fate? Faith?
Do you believe in luck? Good or bad?
Do you think that if something bad happens to someone that it's their fault? That they caused their own misery?

You may be thinking it depends on the situation, and of course, I agree. If you do something bad, then something bad may happen to you. I believe this is called karma? Especially if you hurt someone, they may unintentionally, or purposely, get back at you. Like Law and Order SVU's season finale yesterday. (DID Y'ALL WATCH IT??) I think fate controls the world, just like faith. Faith is too much. People fight over and about it, and my theory is that everyone is wrong- or at least, not right. I think believing in what you believe is fine but you shouldn't talk about it and fight over it, that's just lame. And luck? Well, I'm not sure if I believe in luck or not. But ask yourself these questions.

Now, about the book I've been reading, Chanda's Secrets. There are many issues that come up in this book. Of course, you've heard that before, but it's not like simple, easy - to - solve problems like... Love stories or whatever. Chanda is 16, and her mother has been married 4 times. Chanda's father blew up in a mine, and her current step father is an alcoholic. And she suspects she and her mother have AIDS. In where she lives, Africa, everyone shuns those with AIDS, as well as their friends and family, because they have it, thinking they're bad people and such. But isn't there a saying "Bad things happen to good people" or "Good people die young"? I suppose these don't apply to this book... Which is sort of sad, because now, it's sort of like either way bad things happen to you, good or bad...

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Reed, I totally agree with your point of view on fate. But do you think that everything is predetermined, or just tiny little aspects of your life, like which high school you'll get into? I like that you tried to answer your questions too, but maybe you could have expanded more on your thoughts. Other than that, your blog post was good. And on a totally random note, I love your background! "Homosexual supporting cast" for the win! (But seriously, they're brothers. The host club making them do those things...probably cause Kyoya wants more profit)

    ReplyDelete