Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cirque du freak (Spoiler... for first book...)


Cirque du freak seems like the only vampire series that no one hates on. (Twilight, on the other hand...)
When I read the first one, Darren has to leave his family in order to continue to live.
I feel bad for Darren. He had to fake his own death to survive, and his parents believed that he really had died. When people die, they realize that leaving people behind is just as hard as being left behind, if not worse. I can't imagine leaving my family. Even though sometimes I get sick of them, especially my brother, I can't imagine living without them.
This made me wonder if Darren was on bad terms with his family. Even if he is, I can't believe that he would swap his LIFE for his friend! I guess I can, but Sam, his friend, had begun to hate Darren because he had become a vampire (jealousy is BAD). To get a cure to save Sam, Darren had to become a vampire. I think think was a very generous act, since Darren knew that Sam would hate him forever if he saved him. Then again, he didn't want to have Sam die feeling that he hated Darren.

No comments:

Post a Comment