Thursday, January 6, 2011

Honey Hunt ~ :D


Recently, I have been reading a series called Honey Hunt. Over the winter break, I read five entire volumes... I must get the sixth one...
Anyway, in Honey Hunt by Miki Aihara, the main character, Yura Onozuka, is the daughter of two famous celebrities. Her mother is Yukari Shiraki, a famous actress voted "Best Mom" for a magazine. She's not. Her father, Takayuki Onozuka, is a famous musician.

This story has many problems, which I can not discuss right now because it would give away the book and because Ms. Rear will tell me to re-do this if I summarize it.

When I was reading the series, I started thinking, "I wonder if this hard life for Yura is how it is for many children of real celebrities." It made me think of Madonna's daughter, Lourdes. I didn't know who she was, until someone said "Madonna's daughter". It's like that for Yura too, she's not known much and is referred to as "the daughter of Yukari Shiraki".

Also, I sometimes wonder if Lourdes has any talent, or if she just goes to LaGuardia because she's Madonna's daughter and LaGuardia can use that to boast. I feel bad for people who aren't known for themselves but only through other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment