Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fruits Basket Final Volume (a bit of a spoiler but read it anyways :D )


Comics have heroes. They have them defeat evil, demented monsters or villans with super strength. They even, sometimes, have a deep, thoughtful plot and theme.

Recently, I've been rereading a lot of manga series, including Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya. (Well, I've been rereading the few volumes I actually OWN of the series). I love this series - romantic comedy is my treasure :)

Fruits Basket is very sad sometimes. The main character, Tohru, her mother died. In this last volume, it shows Kyoko (her mother) of what she was thinking when she was dying. I want to incorporate it into one of my poems. "I understand now. Leaving people behind, being left behind. They're both... so hard..." And she starts going on about how much she loved Tohru and if she loved her enough. It's really touching and sad. This is one of those things you would wish to be real, to really have happened. It's like in The Office, you (well, at least I do) wish that Pam and Jim were a real couple :)

I remember when I finished the series, the last sentence was so touching, I cried. I'd never cried about a book before, but it was so beautiful and I was so sad that the series had ended - I was overwhelmed. "Repeat the good... and the bad. Do it all... and pile on the years." I also want to put this into one of my poems. My topic is Icy love. I think. Or Icy life. something so it sticks out - something good and bad. This is where I can say the quote again :D

Repeat the good... and the bad. Do it all... and pile on the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment