Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Weekly Rant :)

I finished Ashes!! Finally! Aaah I feel like I've accomplished something. You know how when you've finished something extreeemeeelyyyyy borrriingggg?? Like this book. Well, towards the end it was pretty cool I guess, but I HATE when books leave you trailing. I don't like when the author leaves with the very end just hanging and they expect your "imagination" to finish the story. I like it better when they finish it and THEN I make up what could of happened. Although I'm pretty creative... I think... I just think that way is easier.

Actually, you know what? I hate the book endings. They just annoy me so much. Maybe I hate books. No, I love books. It just ANNOYS me when a good book is finished, it makes me cry. When I finished The Mysterious Benedict Society and Fruits Basket, for example, I cried. Especially for Fruits Basket... heheheh...

I think, we should make a law. NO MORE ENDING BOOKS. We must keep books going oonnnn and onnnn foreverrrr... Only if they're good books though. Heheh.

Anyway, The end of Ashes was sort of... SAD. Gaby's sister is marrying a Nazi and they're leaving her behind in Berlin by moving to Caputh. HEY HEY HEY I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING. "What? HOW COULD THEY? Terrible people." But Gaby's sister wanted to stay for some reason.

This book made me think about how you could love someone you hate. I mean, Ulla, the sister, loves a Nazi, and her family entirely opposes it. But she can't help but love him. Why? I have no idea. This is what brought me to Romeo and Juliet.

In Romeo and Juliet, Romeo and Juliet are supposed to HATE each other, LOATHE each other, DESPISE each other. But yet, when they actually meet, they somehow love each other instantaneously, like people did in Shakespeare's time, apparently. However, neither of these families are necessarily BAD, they just... don't like each other for some unknown reason. So that's a difference from Ashes, I guess. But then again, it's sort of their fault for causing such a ruckus in town. So I suppose, they are good and bad people?

I've been wondering for a while, is anyone really a good or bad? Everyone has different opinions so maybe there really are no good or bad people. Many people thought Hitler was a good person, for instance, but many think he was terrible, too. What he did was horrible, so was he really a bad person? He was just doing what he, somehow, thought was right.

So are there really good or bad people? Or is it just an illusion of our minds?

2 comments:

  1. @ Coco- did you notice Hitler's mom is a Jew? he killed them (not because i like killing) because he wanted Germany to live on. But power gets to people. I am not fighting for him because I hate him too. But there are certain "RARE PEOPLE" who would follow his ideas for some unknown reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, I guess some people are truly evil like Hitler, but others are just... neither? It's hard to understand...

    ReplyDelete